Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Amadeus and Merchant

Well, did Amadeus yesterday. It felt good, like I was really being a person...if that makes sense. 
I still love acting big and full but I'm learning to build the "character or role" from a real person (me) instead of a shell. Don't get me wrong the shell stuff is still great, but I thing it produces bad habits...you start to show off. 

Then again I don't know. I didn't get a callback for either Amadeus or Merchant. The room was definitely changed, I think because someone (me) walked in there and was a real person talking, feeling, in this potential real life situation but, it still needs to go further. It needs to have either - a few bells and whistles which Im no to sure what those look like, or it needs to be deeper. Deeply felt, spoken...I guess maybe higher stakes?

In all this prep time for both Merchant and Amadeus I've not had much time to work on Rudolpho from A View From the Bridge. Luckily, I know the part a little, and I have a strong sense of the guy off the bat. The trick is not to make him a "character", but keep him fun, charming, and attractive. Ran it for about 3 hours yesterday, and I'll but in another 2 before the audition. I want to go hit the weights, but I know my muscles will be too tense. Okay, better warm up and get started. 
much love to any reader
joe

No comments:

Post a Comment