Thursday, February 3, 2011

A view from the bridge


Went back to an older way of working. It came out pretty good, but a little too excited in the audition room. However, I was looking into the reader’s eyes and really "playing" with her and I made her smile and laugh. Which I think is exactly the effect Rudolpho should have on her.... the reader even stumbled over her lines and lost her place for a second. 

I don't really know what I was doing. Unlike film I wasn't think about the frame, or NYC stage acting I wasn't think about being "truthful, and not pushing". I was just entertaining people...that to me is fun. Not to say, the other two don't have there place, but they are just not the "thing itself". Things to ruminate over right?

Gosh I really thought I had this one in the bag. That's two parts I've auditioned for (and played) and not gotten in one week! Ahh, I not sure how to feel about it. 

I kind of relearned that stupid saying acting teachers and the like say to you - "If it's not fun, why are you doing...it can't be for the pay", or this one, "just have fun". Almost as crippling as saying, "just really ask them that question" Okay, off the soapbox. If I want to do something I better start writing right?! I'm discovering that all the seriously creative people do!

No comments:

Post a Comment